Monday, September 18, 2006

The Fall TV Season

There are three new shows on television this Fall that I am excited about watching:

1. Heroes: In what seems like a take-off on "The X-Men", a handful of individuals around the world suddenly manifest superhero-like powers. The question of course is: whatever will they do with them? Plus, the very idea of a high school cheerleader who becomes indestructible is pure genius.

2. Jericho: A small Kansas town is cut off from the rest of the world when America is attacked with nuclear weapons. Are they the only survivors left, we are meant to wonder? It is a blatant attempt to do Lost in small town America, but should be interesting nonetheless.

3. Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip: I've always been a fan of "Saturday Night Live" and this attempt to do a series showing what takes place behind the scenes of a show like that sounds fun. Plus, it comes from the mind of Aaron Sorkin (The West Wing, Sports Night) so it should be thoughtful as well as entertaining.

7 Comments:

At 1:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just blogged about this as well. I've seen the pilots to Jericho and Studio 60. They look great. So far.

 
At 2:04 PM, Blogger Greg said...

Scott,
I'm impressed you got to the pilots ahead of time. I checked out your list and it looks good. We think alike.

 
At 10:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed both Smith and Kidnapped. Don't know if I'll make them regular Tivo events but Smith does warrant a few weeks.

 
At 3:37 PM, Blogger nhe said...

I caught "Jericho" and "Kidnapped" last night.

"Jericho" has a lot of potential - noble protagonist with a secret (and I've liked Skeet Ulrich since "Ride with the Devil") - question - was the lady on the school bus the same gal who played the lawyer who just got killed off "Prison Break"?.....I like the characters - kid who hears his mom die (or did she?) on the answering machine...out of town cop, well-meaning opposing candidate for mayor....I'll watch again.

"Kidnapped" was much like "Vanished" (which I won't watch again - didn't grab me)...."Kidnapped" was kind of all over the place, but it has potential if its truly the tip of a larger iceberg........"Vanished" got very farfetched and weird very fast - that's never a good sign - doesn't allow time for characters to breath, let alone develop.

 
At 4:56 PM, Blogger Greg said...

I recorded Jericho but haven't gotten a chance to see it yet, so I'm glad you liked it. Makes me more eager to watch it.

 
At 9:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I pulled the trigger on Vanished about 25 minutes into the pilot. I just hated it. Kidnapped has potential. Although creepy, I really enjoyed Jeremy Sisto on Six Feet Under so I'm anxious to see what he does.

There's so much quality stuff right now I don't have time to watch everything. It's truly a golden age of television.

 
At 10:55 AM, Blogger Eric said...

What about another lawyer show - Justice?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home